CEB | New Customer

How Can I Get an Electricity Connection?

If you fall under Domestic purpose or Religious purpose with electricity supply demand less than 42kVA, here is how you can get an electricity connection. If your demand is more than 42kVA, please contact the Commercial Engineer at the respective Provincial Deputy General Manager’s Office.


What are the pre-requisites?


What are the documents required?

The owner or the occupier of the building should submit  the following documents along with the duly filled application, when applying for a new service connection.

To verify the ownership or the occupancy of the applicant, presenting any one of the following doccuments is sufficent.

Deed of the relevant premises.

Tax deed of the relevant premises.

Permit if authorized by a government institution.

Other legal title assigned.

Assessment payment receipt.

A bill issued from another utility provider to the relevant premises (Telephone,Water bills etc.)

Bank Statement stating the address of the premises.

Certificate issued by the Grama Niladhari and attested by GS based on legal ownership, occupancy or electoral register.

Any document to prove ownership or occupancy.

National Identity Card mentioning the address of the premises where the electricity supply is applied.

Certificate of Conformity (CoC) issued from Local Govt institute


How to apply?


Application Fee


Cost for Obtaining Service


Other Things to Note